The most popular platforms
- Facebook is the most commonly used platform (up from 93% to 95%), followed by Instagram (up from 26% to 31%) and LinkedIn (down from 28% to 24%).
Growth in the number of businesses on social
- The number of businesses with a social media presence jumped this year in every category, up from 31% to almost half (48%) for SMBs and from 56% to over three quarters (79%) for large businesses.
- Of those businesses that don’t currently have a social media presence a significant number expect to add one in the year ahead (17% of small, 13% of medium and 29% of large businesses).
Platforms businesses are using
- Businesses are most likely to have a Facebook presence (89% of small, 79% of medium and 89% of large businesses), followed by Twitter (24% of small, 43% of medium and 61% of large businesses) or LinkedIn (22% of small, 56% of medium and 59% of large businesses).
Quality engagement and content are crucial
- Consumers are more likely to trust a brand if it interacts in a positive way with its customers on social media (52%), they find the content posted engaging and relevant (52%) and they regularly update their content (51%).