The festival will take place over the month of August with more than 450 free or low-cost events for small business owners, managers, employees and those considering starting or growing a business in Melbourne and regional Victoria.
Covering more than 20 topics ranging from marketing and export potential to financial management and technology, it’ll offer a plethora of opportunities to help you start or grow your business featuring world-class speakers, webinars, workshops and free content guides you can download for later.
The festival provides many networking opportunities for businesses to interact with other like-minded business owners and experts from industry associations, federal, state and local governments.
Last year’s festival was attended by more than 39,000 participants, 79% who were new to the festival and 64% who were females, but given this year’s program is bigger than ever, it will be seen whether the record attendance is beaten.
This year’s premier event, Small Business BIG Marketing, includes acclaimed keynote speakers such as:
- Holly Ransom, was named one of Australia’s ‘100 Most Influential Women’ and is business owner of company Emergent;
- Craig Davis, renowned advertising guru with more than 20 years’ experience developing campaigns for global and local businesses;
- Dr Jason Fox, best-selling author of The Game Changer, has worked with Fortune 500 companies such as Microsoft, PepsiCo and McDonalds;
- Yvonne Adele, business consultant and Today Show’s Ms Megabyte and author of Conquer your Computer and PCs for Dummies;
- Toby Travanner, Australia’s leading business MC and sales and marketing business coach.
Following its sponsorship last year, Sensis will again sponsor the Festival in a supporting partner role and also host three events – one in metro Melbourne and two in regional areas. There’ll be more details on these published in the next issue of Nutshell newsletter.
Booking for events can be done through the Festival Online Calendar or by calling 13 22 15.