This recruitment privacy statement only covers information that Sensis collects as part of its recruitment process. If you provide personal information in another context (such as a customer or consumer of Sensis products), then please refer to our general Privacy Statement available at www.about.sensis.com.au/privacy-collection-statement for more information about how Sensis deals with your personal information.
Sensis Pty Ltd ("Sensis") is committed to protecting your privacy. Sensis is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("Privacy Act"), which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information known as the Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s).
Sensis also operates subsidiary companies referred to as “related companies” in this statement.
Set out below is information that Sensis is required to communicate to individuals in connection with applications for employment with Sensis (“Candidates”). This statement may be amended by us from time to time. A current version will always be available at this web link. This statement operates in conjunction with the Privacy Act and other relevant laws.
Sensis is responsible for Yellow Pages® and White Pages® directories, electronic, wireless and online products, as well as a range of advertising, media, content, location and other business services.
Your personal information
This statement relates to Candidates’ personal information collected by any means for the purpose of Sensis’ recruitment processes.
If this information is not provided, Sensis will, or may, be unable to progress a Candidate’s application for employment or to consider a Candidate for future employment opportunities.
Generally, the personal information collected may include the information placed in a job application or resume, for example, the Candidate’s name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, career history, criminal history, eligibility to work in Australia, educational qualifications, written references, details of any competency tests and/or other career-related information. Sensis may require sensitive health information in some circumstances and will collect such information only with a Candidate’s consent.
All information collected will be used and disclosed by Sensis only as outlined in this document. Sensis takes reasonable steps to ensure that Candidates’ personal information is held securely.
How we collect personal information
It is Sensis’ usual practice to collect personal information about Candidates:
- directly from Candidates, for example where a Candidate provides information by applying to a printed or online job advertisement or by submitting information through the Sensis career website; and/or
- where relevant and with the Candidate’s consent, through a third party Recruitment service provider; and/or
- from third parties, with a Candidate’s consent. For example, Sensis may seek to collect information about a Candidate’s:
- prior employment history, by way of reference checks;
- criminal record history, by way of a criminal history check;
- eligibility to work in Australia, by way of a visa status check; and/or
- educational qualifications, by way of requesting confirmation of qualifications or results from an academic institution.
If Sensis does not have a Candidate’s prior consent to collection of information from a third party, Sensis will take reasonable steps to inform the Candidate that it has collected personal information from a third party.
How we use your personal information
Candidates’ personal information may be used in order to:
- assess the Candidate’s application (or an application submitted on the Candidate’s behalf by a Recruitment service provider) for advertised positions;
- invite Candidates to apply for future positions of interest with Sensis and/or its related companies; and
- for Sensis’ and related companies’ statistical reporting and analysis in relation to recruitment.
Unless authorised by the Privacy Act, Candidates’ personal information will not be used for any other purpose without a Candidate’s consent.
When we may disclose your personal information
Sensis may disclose your personal information to related companies for the purposes of:
- enabling related companies to consider you, and contact you in relation to, future positions of interest with Sensis and/or its related companies; and
- for related companies’ statistical reporting and analysis in relation to recruitment.
Sensis and its related companies may need to disclose Candidates’ personal information to organisations outside Sensis, including outside of Australia, for the purposes described above.
Sensis takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. These organisations may carry out:
- information technology services;
- website usage analysis; and
- management and administrative tasks such as maintaining a contact database.
Unless authorised by the Privacy Act or another law, Candidates’ personal information will not be otherwise disclosed for any other purpose without a Candidate’s consent.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Sensis will endeavor at all times to maintain an accurate record of each Candidate’s personal information.
To assist us in this regard and help maximise opportunities with Sensis Careers, it is important that Candidates ensure all the personal information they have provided is accurate and up to date and notify Sensis of changes where appropriate.
Candidates can access their personal information
Candidates may request access to information that Sensis holds about them by contacting the Privacy Manager at email@example.com.
If the information is incorrect, Candidates may request that Sensis amend our records by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and Sensis will take reasonable steps to do so.
Sensis may make reasonable charges for access to information and may refuse to provide access to, or delete, information where this is required or authorised by the Privacy Act or another law.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to this Privacy Statement, please contact at email@example.com.